Friday, August 22, 2014

Sympathy Card with MME Collectable

Happy Friday everyone!  

Today I wanted to share a card using the My Mind's Eye collection "Collectable" - Unforgettable.  I had a friend lose her father to lung cancer, and it hit home because of the similarities with my own dad, so I was drawn to create a card to send to her.

I wanted to create a simple card, and I was drawn to use a die from the Doodlebug Design Framelit "Frames", which I used with the pink striped paper.  I first adhered a rectangle of the brown floral paper and double-sewed around it with brown thread.



After inking the edges of the die using CTMH Cocoa ink, I popped it up with 3D foam squares.  The sentiment is from the CTMH "4 My Friends" stamp set, which I stamped in Juniper ink onto Colonial White cardstock.


I finished the card with a simple knot with organdy ribbon underneath the sentiment.

Tune in next week -- I'll be sharing another card created with this collection and the negative space of this die cut!

Here's to a weekend with crafting and chocolate!
Majken



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic